Thursday, May 7, 2015

Dynamic Discs Truth: The Disc That Always Works, Even When I Don't Understand Why.


The Dynamic Discs Truth is, well truthfully, the best disc that I have ever thrown and I still don't understand it. It is a complex mystery that is still ongoing to me as I am coming up to having this disc in my bag for a year. Dynamic Discs gives the Truth a rating of 5 5 0 2 which is hard to compete with. My Lucid Truth is a staple in my bag that will probably never come out. I was new to disc golf when I found this disc in the pond at my local course. Luckily for me, the disc didn't have a number on it and I had no idea, at the time, that there was a local club that I could show the disc to and see who it belonged to. Anyways, the past is the past and I am glad that I found this disc. I may never have tried the Trilogy companies if I hadn't and if you know me, you know that my bag is 95% Trilogy now. This Lucid Truth is my I have no idea what to do disc. Not only does it handle well in the wind, it handles really similar no matter what the weather is like. It's like the disc has some kind of esp with me and knows what I want it to do. If I want it to hold an anhyzer line, it holds the line. If I want it to hold a hyzer, it does. If I want to have it go straight 300+ feet, it does. If I want it to turn over a bit, it will. If I want to throw an anhyzer and have it flex back, I can expect it. This list of things that this disc can do is endless. Maybe I'm not as consistent with my throws as I think I am, but this disc seems to do different things when thrown on the same line, but only when I want it to. I can't say enough about the amazing things this disc can do! Although that should be expected, I mean it did win the Noodle Arm Disc Golf best disc golf disc bracket beating out the trusty Innova TeeBird.
If that last section confused you at all, let me sum this disc up in one sentence. This is my do everything disc because I trust it more than anything in my bag. That being said I have two of these discs in my bag. I have my beat in Lucid and a new Fuzion one. The Fuzion one does do most things that I want it to but it is not at all at the same level as my Lucid Truth. I find the Fuzion Truth to be more understable but fade sharper than the Lucid Truth. I am more likely to have the Fuzion turnover where the Lucid is usually a straighter shot.
On to the feel of the disc, this disc feels amazing in the hand. It has a nice and thin profile that isn't too thin to grip the disc real well. The bead on it is tiny and doesn't have a huge impact on the feel like the Westside Bard or the Innova Roc 3. As for differences between the Truths in my bag, the Fuzion Truth has a bit of a sharper edge on the bottom rim of the disc, although that could be just from the mold that the particular disc came from. That is the only difference that I notice besides the feel of the different plastics.

Keep throwing!
FD_DiscsJV

No comments:

Post a Comment