Thursday, April 30, 2015

Latitude 64 Spike


I was very luck to win a recycled plastic spike by latitude 64 from a company called discflickers. The weight is at 173 grams and the rating on the disc is 4, 2, -1, 1. On the face of the disc, in morse code, it tells you that it's a stable putt and approach disc. I am not sure if all spike discs secret messages on the front but it was fun decoding it. The disc is made of recycled plastic and I've noticed it to be smooth and comparable to dynamic disc's bio fusion line.
   Now onto the review. First I found for me this putter is not really great for short putts or anything within the 35ish foot mark. It's edge is a bit too thin for me and it is just too slick. For my short putts I need a disc that's a little tacky just because of the comfort and trust I have in how it feels. The putter I mainly use is a westside shield and I love it, but that review will come later. So now that you know this putter, in my hands, is not a putter lets talk about the good stuff. This disc is the straightest holding disc I have ever thrown. I have been able to throw it through a very narrow fairway and it stuck right to the middle with the slightest, if any, fade left at the end. I also really like how this disc has two ridged spots on the top for grip. It allows for better hold because I've noticed the recycled plastic can get a bit slick. Over all this disc very quickly became my straight shot disc weather it's an approach shot or a drive. I know for a fact that I have no other disc in my bag or at my house that matches this discs consistently straight flight and it will hold its spot until it's beat or broke. If you are looking for a straight flight you definitely need to give the spike a try. If you have any questions about it let me know. I will test it out and get back to you.

Keep Throwing!
FD_DiscsDH

Bellow are the photos of the tight fairway I was talking about and where my disc ended after hitting chains.


No comments:

Post a Comment